Application Deadline 06/07/13
No phone calls please
Background check required
Mission Statement: Our mission is “to make disciples of Jesus Christ committed to making a difference in the world.”
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least five years related experience
- Proven leadership expertise, including team building and volunteer development.
- Responsible for the initiation, development, and on-going Missions ministry operation of TUMC.
- Serve as primary liaison and point of contact for the TUMC Mission and Outreach activities.
- Plan mission projects and activities with a primary focus of fulfilling the TUMC Missions long and short-term strategic plans.
- Lead and Connect
- Increase awareness and encourage participation with short or long-term mission opportunities.
- Assume leadership role and supervise employees, interns, volunteers, or other staff members who are assigned or involved in a missions program or trip.
- Communicate mission and outreach program needs and activities to supervisor, staff, Missions Committee, and Church Council, and congregation.
- Develop relationships and effectively communicate with the missionaries in the field, mission organizations, community leaders and other area churches.
- Monitor and report progress of mission projects.
- Monitor and assure budgetary compliance.
- Assume active stewardship role for use of mission donations and budget.
- Attend monthly Missions Committee meetings, Senior and Full-Staff meetings.
- Refer individual who request financial, housing or other aid from TUMC to appropriate agencies.
- Comply with all TUMC policies and procedures to include administrative documentation for payroll and expense reimbursement.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Classification: Part time (8-10 hours per week)
Supervised by: Director of Music and Worship Arts
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Music (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in Choral Conducting
- Worship experience desired
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with singers of all ages and skill levels and improve their choral abilities
- Piano and/or organ proficiency expected
- Plan and direct rehearsals (Thursday evenings)
- Select and coordinate choir anthem with worship service
- Direct choir anthem during weekly worship (11:00 am service)
- Lead congregational singing during 11:00 am worship service
- Work closely with Director of Music and Worship Arts to plan special worship events such as Christmas and Easter cantatas and other services, as requested
- Rehearse and direct orchestra to accompany special worship events
- Communicate regularly with the choir
- Lead choir recruitment efforts as necessary
- Other responsibilities as determined
Have you ever felt led to serve God by being a servant volunteer job in the church? Trinity is always looking for new, dedicated volunteers to help one or more of the ministries of our church. There is a place of service in our church for anyone who wishes to do so. Please contact us at 376.6615 for more information.
6:35 pm, Contemporary (Chapel)
8:15 am, Prayer & Praise
9:40 am, Sonlight Youth Choir and Band
11:00 am, Family Traditions
9:40 am, 2nd Sunday of each month (Order of St. Luke Healing Service; a worship service focused on healing ministry)